The Security (SEC) cluster within the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is hiring an Assistant Professor in the area of Data-driven Cybersecurity. Candidates must hold a PhD in a related domain.
The Eindhoven University of Technology is seeking high-potential candidates with experience in conducting teaching and research activities in the field of Data-driven Security. The candidates are expected to lead data-driven security research within SEC.
Topics of research interest include one or more of:
- Intrusion and anomaly detection
- Application of machine learning and AI to security
- Internet security measurements
- Cybercrime measurements and operations.
The selected person will carry out internationally-leading research and take an active role in providing high quality and innovative teaching in the broad area of cybersecurity
As a professional, the expected work is to:
- Have an outstanding research record in the area of cybersecurity.
- Teach courses in the area of cybersecurity, as well as any other basic course in a Computer Science curriculum.
- Acquire and coordinate research projects.
- Actively strengthen the industrial and research collaborations of the group.
- Contribute to the research and teaching vision of the group, the department and the University.
- Professionally support the development of the SOC and labs managed by SEC.
- Participate in the research activities of the SEC group within the INTERSCT project.
About the Security Cluster
SEC has a strong track record of publications in top conferences such as ACM CCS, IEEE S&P, NDSS, RAID and Usenix Security, and journals such as Risk Analysis, IEEE TDSC, IEEE TIFS, ESEM, and others. SEC’s publication record reflects the both foundational and operational take on cyber-security taken by the cluster. This is further integrated in the teaching and education curriculum offered at TU/e, with an entirely new Security Master designed around the cluster’s diverse research.
Candidates screening occurs as soon as applications are received, and will continue until the position has been filled.
More information about the job requirements, conditions of employment and application can be found at:
Assistant Professor in Data-driven Security | Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (tue.nl)