Together with Dr. Alice Hutchings (University of Cambridge) and Dr. Sergio Pastrana (University Carols III, Madrid), Dr. Luca Allodi from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), leader of the WP7 of INTERSECT, is co-chairing the 2021 edition of the International Workshop on Attackers and Cybercrime Operations (WACCO 2021). The event is co-located with the 6th IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy (EuroS&P 2021).
The Workshop brings together researchers from technical and non-technical disciplines, from computer security to criminology and economics, to discuss recent developments in cyber-attacker operations and ecosystem. The goal is to present research aiming new empirical methods, measures, and technologies to quantify and understand offender operations across all forms of cyber-crime. This year’s workshops includes cybercrime (specialisation, disruption and modelling), darknet (market and external events), critical infrastructure and social engineering analysis.
The highly multidisciplinary angle of the workshop reflects the also multidisciplinary research fields of the INTERSECT consortium, and the work conducted in the context of the INTERSECT WP4 on Attacks.
You can check the list of accepted papers for WACCO 2021 below:
- Get Rich or Keep Tryin’ – Trajectories in dark net market vendor careers
Tim Booij, Thijmen Verburgh, Federico Falconieri, and Rolf van Wegberg
- Exploring Cybercrime Disruption through Laboratory Experiments
Lonie Sebagh, Jonathan Lusthaus, Edoardo Gallo, Federico Varese, and Sean Sirur
- Dissecting Social Engineering Attacks Through the Lenses of Cognition
Pavlo Burda, Luca Allodi, and Nicola Zannone
- Cybercrime Specialization: An Exposé of a Malicious Android Obfuscation-as-a-Service
Vit Sembera, Masarah Paquet-Clouston, Sebastian Garcia, and Maria-Jose Erquiaga
- Follow the money: The relationship between currency exchange and illicit behaviour in an underground forum
Gilberto Atondo Siu, Ben Collier, and Alice Hutchings
- Modelling the Cybercrime Cascade Effect in Data Crime
Maria Grazia Porcedda, and David S Wall
- The Impact of Adverse Events in Darknet Markets: an Anomaly Detection Approach
Ziauddin Ursani, Claudia Peersman, Matthew Edwards, Chao Chen, and Awais Rashid
- Modelling Disruptive APTs targetting Critical Infrastructure using Military Theory
Yoram Meijaard, Peter-Paul Meiler, and Luca Allodi
Instructions for registration for both EuroS&P and WACCO 2021 are available at the following link: http://www.ieee-security.org/TC/EuroSP2021/registration.html